Find hundreds of project photos, patterns, & instructions to start your glass crafting hobby today.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Meet our New Gallery Glass Friend from the UK

About 15 years ago, I was lucky enough to be invited to QVC UK as a presenter for Plaid. It was my first trip abroad and I was a typical tourist. In the next year, I took my whole family (one at a time) with me to the network and through our extensive sightseeing, I fell in love with London and the lower part of the country. Because of the shows and phone calls while on air, I met a wonderful array of people that I felt like I REALLY knew! With some of them, we corresponded by letter and others just the silent bond of crafts. Alison was watching our shows at that time and since then, we have shared a Gallery Glass connection that carried us through the millennium into this new century and we are still kicking it out. I want to share the story of her success with you because, in my opinion, it is another example that Gallery Glass dreams are worthy ones.
 
"I am Alison (Ali) Lloyd and my company is Ali's Craft Studio. I work from my home in Kent in the South East of England and my wonderful husband, Phil, helps me at fairs and markets each weekend. I have been making window clings as a hobby for over 15 years ago but made it my full time business by starting my company in 2008, following the death of my father in late 2007 which made me realise that life is simply too short not to be doing something you love! I love the idea that someone can give their home a whole new lease of life for a small outlay – especially as many people are finding it tough going in the current economic climate.
I do enjoy being at fairs - seeing the smiles on people’s faces when they are looking through my decorations trying to choose which one they would like is amazing and customers are brilliant at suggesting new designs which I may not have thought of! Also, just being around creative people and seeing wonderful colours all around me – be it in books or real life is very inspiring. I am lucky enough to live and work in Kent – The Garden of England – and the trips to fairs around the south east take us through some absolutely stunning countryside. My husband is a major inspiration as he helps me out every weekend at fairs and keeps me motivated on the early mornings setting up at a fair when things don’t always go immediately to plan (I am not a good morning person!)   
I am really pleased that I have my website and online shop to make it easy for people to purchase from me at any time and am really pleased with how it turned out as I designed and created it myself. I am looking forward to expanding my designs even further and continuing to build my business. I love it when customers come back time and time again and also recommend me to their friends – there is no better feeling than knowing someone loves your work! I want to ensure I keep providing a good service and great products for all my customers and hopefully introduce more people to Ali’s Craft Studio and the joys of Gallery Glass!"
You can find my website at http://www.studiocrafts.net/ and follow my ramblings on my blog at http://studiocraftsblog.blogspot.com/
Kind Regards, Alison Lloyd 


Speaking for Plaid Enterprises, I am so thankful for crafting hearts around the globe that have chosen to be creative with Gallery Glass. Blogs are about sharing common interests --and that mutual interest brings us together to learn from and enjoy each other. Alison, thank you so much for contacting me and being willing to share your glorious talent with our readers. Your paintings look more like oils than glass paint--the shading is out of this world. I know that you will inspire many other people to reach higher and try more difficult techniques. And I can certainly see that you have taken Suncatchers or Clings as we call them --to a whole new level. Please keep sharing your work with us. I invite everyone to take a look at her website and blog. You will love them!



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind comments and for featuring me on your great blog.

    I have enjoyed creating with Gallery Glass for so long now, I can't imagine doing anything else! I love to keep trying out new ideas (some work, some don't!) and look forward to continuing to do so for many more years to come!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali your work is AMAZING!!!!!!! Keep posting your photos on here and patterns if you have any!!!

    ReplyDelete