Find hundreds of project photos, patterns, & instructions to start your glass crafting hobby today.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bearded Irises of Gallery Glass

I love my irises--almost as much as I love my roses. The only reason "almost" popped up in the previous sentence is because Irises only bloom once a year. Otherwise they would top the roses--especially considering my never ending war with beetles, which cause me to have to decapitate their fragrant blooming heads in the heat of the summer.
Irises come in a plethora of colors. Only God can make an iris. I feel very proud when I just plant the bulbs in the Fall and then simply wait for it-- the glorious color that appears predictably in May. A wonderful friend, Judy Johnson, sent me these pictures of real irises last week. Maybe it will give you some ideas when you decide to paint your own iris panel. 
Here are the colors I used, but you can create your own color combination.
Gallery Glass supplies:
Crystal Clear 16081, Sunny Yellow 16004, Kelly Green 16008, Amethyst 16014, Magenta Royale 16017, Amber 16020, Berry Red 16023, Ivy Green 16024, Lime Green 16035, Celladon Green 16096, Hot Pink 16423, Purple 16424, Light Brown 16426, Sunflower 16455, Plum 16457, Berry Grape 16458, Italian Sage 16459, Yellow Ochre 16461, Spring Rose 16463, Fresh Lime 17052.

2 comments:

  1. Hi.

    I love your creations... i love it. I´m a cake designer and don´t know speak english... sorry, for this write this in spanish:

    Tu trabajo me inspira y tengo pendiente en mi mente un pastel de este estilo.

    I invite you to visit my blog.

    Un saludo

    Wyny
    http://corazonyazucar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy Gracias, Wyny! For those of you who don't habla Espanol, the sweet lady said that my work inspired her to do a cake with irises on it. I can't wait to see it. I wish I could taste it. You just have to check out her blog--corazonyazucar--the cakes are out of this world. I would order one for my grandchildren, but I don't know how we would get it here--she lives in Spain!

    ReplyDelete